Terms and Conditions
WB Finance Mobile Banking Service
Please carefully read these Terms and Conditions before agreeing to use the Mobile Banking Service. If you do not understand, or are not sure about any aspect of these Terms and Conditions, please contact WB Finance (Cambodia) Ltd.
By clicking the “Accept Terms and Conditions” button when you first log in to the Mobile Banking App, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are applicable to the Mobile Banking Service in addition to, not in lieu of, any other terms and conditions that are applicable to the Eligible Savings Account(s) that are linked to your WB Finance Mobile Banking.
- “Available Balance” means the balance in the Eligible Savings Account(s) as recorded in the Financial Institution.
- “Client”, “you”, “your” and “yours” mean the customer who has used the Mobile Banking App and any other person who has used that App.
- “Daily Transaction Limits” means the maximum aggregated limit that is applicable on the Financial Transaction (carried out either in single or multiple occasions) in any one (01) calendar day or any other limit(s) to be introduced from time to time.
- “Eligible Savings Account(s)” is/are the Savings Account(s) which the Client has with WB Finance and are eligible to be linked to and to conduct the Mobile Banking Service. The Savings Accounts which can be linked to the Mobile Banking Service are set out in Section 3.
- “Fast Payment” is a fund transfer and payment services in Khmer Riel across institutions, which enable customers to receive funds immediately. Fast Payment service is conducted through a platform hosted by the NBC. Currently, the Client can access this service at over 10 financial institution members. In the future, more financial institutions will join this service and the member list will be updated on the App from time to time. The Client who makes a fund transfer or initiates the transactions has to pay any and all processing fees set by the NBC in accordance with their stated progressive transaction amount.
- “Financial Institution” means a bank or any other financial institution licensed by the NBC to carry out banking operations in Cambodia.
- “Financial Transaction” means any transfer made from a Savings Account to another account held within WB Finance or with other Financial Institution(s), a payment made from a Savings Account to another account within WB Finance or any other type of financial transaction that is made available by WB Finance from time to time.
- “Loss” means loss that is suffered by a person as a result of any claim, demand, action or proceeding made or brought against that person and any loss, expense, liability or damage suffered or incurred by that person.
- “Mobile Banking App” or “App” means the application through which the Mobile Banking Service is provided and which may be compatible with a mobile device and an operation system as determined by WB Finance.
- “Mobile Banking Service” or “Service” means those services set out in clause 2.4.
- “Mobile Banking User Account” is the user ID (user profile including username and password) which the Client receives when the Client registers for the Mobile Banking Service. This User Account is linked to the Client’s Eligible Saving Accounts as set out in Section 3.
- “NBC” means the National Bank of Cambodia.
- “OTP” – means a one-time password which is sent as an SMS from WB Finance to the client’s registered phone number each time the client initiates a Financial Transaction in the App. After receiving the OTP, the client is required to input the correct OTP into the App in order to conduct the Transaction.
- “Scheduled Downtime” means a period of time scheduled by WB Finance for internal administrative purposes, during which access to WB Finance Mobile Banking Service is limited or restricted.
- “Security Code” means the six digit confidential code to be set by the client in the App on the very first log on after the Client has registered for the Mobile Banking Service. This Security Code is required for logging in the App for the first time on a new device or to receive support from WB Finance’s Call Center.
- “Security Details” means any security measures including username and password, the Security Code set by the Client and is required for first log in the App on a new device or for getting support from WB Finance’s Call Center, and or OTP to conduct a Financial Transaction.
- “Transfer” means a transfer from a Savings Account to another account within WB Finance or at other Financial Institution.
- “WB Finance”, “we”, “us” and “our” mean WB Finance (Cambodia) Ltd.
- USING THE MOBILE BANKING APP
- The Client must open or have a Savings Account with WB Finance and register for a Mobile Banking User Account at any of our branch offices in order to be able to use the Mobile Banking App. The App can be used only on a mobile device running an operating system supported by us
- When you log in the Mobile Banking App on a new device for the first time, you are required to enter your correct Security Code in addition to the correct username and password.
- The App automatically logs out if you have not used it for 5 minutes.
- You can use the Mobile Banking App to:
– Check the available balance of your WB Finance account(s);
– View transaction history of your WB Finance account(s) within the period of up to 60 days;
– Make a Transfer from your WB Finance account to other account(s) within WB Finance;
– Make a Transfer from your WB Finance account to other account(s) of other Financial Institution that has joined NBC’s real-time Fast Payment service.
– Make repayment to your or any other loan account within WB Finance; and
– Carry out other services that may be added by us from time to time.
- You can make a Financial Transaction by entering the correct Security Details and the correct OTP.
- When carrying out a Financial Transaction through the App, you will be given the opportunity to edit payment instructions and you will then be asked to confirm your payment instructions. By confirming your payment instructions, you allow us to make the Financial Transaction and you bear responsibility for the Loss if any of your payment instructions are not correct.
- Mobile Banking Service will only be available for mobile device and data connection which meet required specifications and configurations as may be specified from time to time by WB Finance, and you agree to procure and maintain a mobile device and data connection which meet these requirements at your own expense. The charges from your mobile network operator may vary; the Client is responsible for these charges.
- The Daily Transaction Limits are USD 1,000 or KHR 4,000,000 per your linked Savings Account and USD 2,000 or KHR 8,000,000 per your Mobile Banking User Account.
- WB Finance may, from time to time, make change(s) to Service set out in clause 2.4 and the ways in which the App operates. Any continued use of any of our Mobile Banking Service(s) after the notice, shall constitute your acceptance of and agreement to the change(s).
- The Mobile Banking Service may have Scheduled Downtime. WB Finance may also, at its own discretion and without prior notice to the Client, temporarily suspend the operation of the Mobile Banking Service for updates, maintenance and upgrades, or for other purposes. WB Finance shall not be liable for any loss, liability or damage which may incurred as a result of any such downtime or suspension.
- The scope, features and functionality of the Mobile Banking Service may vary from time to time. You agree and acknowledge that in the future WB Finance may add new services or discontinue any of the existing Mobile Banking Services.
- Some information on the App is linked from or to WB Finance website (www.WB Finance.com.kh). This information is updated when the website is updated.
- Updates to the App may be released periodically via the App Store (iOS), the Play Store (Android), or a specific platform. Depending on devices, the App may be automatically updated or may require manual update. For some updates, you may not be able to use the App until the latest version is downloaded.
- You must not copy or reproduce all or any part of the Mobile Banking App.
- You must not modify or adapt all or any part of the Mobile Banking App.
- You must not remove or tamper with any copyright notice attached to or contained within the Mobile Banking App. All ownership of the Mobile Banking App remains with WB Finance.
- You must not carry out reverse engineering of the Mobile Banking App.
- You must not use any Internet-based service to harm or impair anyone else’s use of the App, and must not use such service to try to gain unauthorised access to any Service, data or account by any means.
- ELIGIBLE SAVINGS ACCOUNT:
- Only individual savings accounts (Hope Savings Account) with USD or KHR currency are currently eligible for the Mobile Banking Service. The Mobile Banking Service cannot be used in association with other types of accounts. WB Finance reserves the right to change the eligibility of other types of accounts that may be linked to the Mobile Banking Service.
- By registering for the Mobile Banking Service and accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree to activate and link your Mobile Banking User Account to all your eligible Saving Accounts that you have opened as of now and will open in the future in order to perform Financial Transactions.
- You shall take all reasonable precautions to keep safe and prevent fraudulent use of your mobile device (on which the App is installed) and Security Details.
- You shall not leave your mobile device (on which the App is installed) unattended where someone else can use your device without your knowledge or let anyone else use your mobile device when you have logged onto the Mobile Banking App or when in such a manner that he/she may access your account or Mobile Banking Service, whether with or without your consent.
- You shall make sure to protect your Security Details.
- You shall not disclose your Security Details to anyone, including us. When you telephone a WB Finance Call Center for support, you will only need to provide your username and Security Code, but not your password or OTP.
- You shall change your Security Details immediately and inform us as soon as possible when you know or even suspect that anyone else knows your Security Details, or when WB Finance asks you to;
- You shall log out of the App after you have finished using the App.
- WB Finance shall not be bound by or obliged to take any action on any instructions which do not properly comply with these Terms and Conditions and may reject such non-compliant instructions.
- You shall not use the Mobile Banking App on any device or operating system that has been modified, altered, jail-broken, and or rooted. A device running on a modified, altered, jail-broken or rooted operating system means one that has been freed from the limitations imposed on it by your mobile service provider and the phone manufacturer without their approval.
- After registration, WB Finance will not contact you (or ask anyone to do so on our behalf) with a request to disclose your Security Details in full. In case you receive any such request from anyone, even if they are using our name and logo, it is likely to be fraudulent and you must not supply your Security Details to them under any circumstances and you shall immediately report any such request to WB Finance.
- If your registered Mobile phone number is changed for any reason, you shall visit WB Finance’s branch office nearest you to notify us of the change as soon as possible.
- LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
- WB Finance is not liable for any failure to provide the Mobile Banking Services, in a part or in full, due to abnormal and unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which would have been unavoidable despite all reasonable efforts to the contrary. This includes any phone network failures or, in the case of mobile networks, instances where you are not in an area of mobile coverage.
- The App is provided with functionality “as is” with no representation, guarantee or agreement of any kind as to its functionality. We do not guarantee that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your mobile device. We are not responsible for any loss you may incur as a result of this.
- We shall not be held responsible if we do not comply with any of the Terms and Conditions due to abnormal and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which would have been unavoidable despite all reasonable efforts to the contrary;
- You agreed to indemnify and compensate WB Finance for any damages, loss, expense or liability incurred by WB Finance as a result of any breach by you of this agreement.
- FEE CHARGES
- Registration for the Mobile Banking Service is currently free of any charge. Any Financial Transaction carried out to/from an account within WB Finance is free.
- Any Financial Transaction to an account held with any other Financial Institution is subject to a fee that is displayed on the App when you make the Financial Transaction. You can also ask for this fee rate from our branch office or Call Center staff.
- WB Finance may, from time to time, impose separate or new fees and charges for the Mobile Banking Service by providing reasonable notice of such changes to you.
- SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION
- WB Finance may at any time, at its sole discretion, suspend or terminate your right of access to any of the Mobile Banking Service(s) without prior notice :
– When we have concerns about the security of the Mobile Banking App;
– When we suspect that your Mobile Banking App has been used fraudulently or in an unauthorized way;
– When you are deemed in breach of these Terms and Conditions; or
– When we are required to do so by law, court order, or NBC;
- We will terminate your right of access to the Mobile Banking Service should you cease to maintain any eligible linked account with WB Finance or should your access to such account be restricted by WB Finance or any other party for any reason;
- You may terminate your Mobile banking Service by visiting any WB Finance branch office and completing the termination form.
- You acknowledge that suspension or termination will not affect your liability or obligations in respect of payment instructions you have confirmed in the App for WB Finance to process for you.
- FORCE MAJEURE
- No party shall be liable for any failure to perform its obligations under this agreement if the failure results from a force majeure event.
- For purposes of this agreement, a force majeure event is an event which is beyond the reasonable control of WB Finance such as a terrorist activity, war, fires, explosions, earthquake, subsidence, storms, floods, disease, epidemic, or health quarantines.
We will ensure that your privacy is protected by:
a) committing ourselves to a general duty of confidentiality towards you, except in the following circumstances:
i. where disclosure is compelled by law;
ii. where there is a duty to the public to disclose; and
iii. where disclosure is made with your express or implied consent;
b) treating all your personal information as private and confidential; and/or
c) ceasing the use of your information for marketing purposes, or ceasing to contact you on an unsolicited basis, if you inform us that you object to these practices.
- CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WB Finance, at its sole discretion, may change the charge fee(s), introduce new charge fee(s), and change, discontinue or add any of our Mobile Banking Service for any reason(s) with at least 30 days’ notice.
- In addition to changes in clause 10.1, WB Finance, at its sole discretion, may also make any other changes to these Terms and Conditions for any reason(s). We may provide notice of the changes to you in a reasonable manner by written or electronic communications (including e-mail, telephone, SMS, notification in the App, display on our web site, display at our branches, posting on our Facebook page, or advertisement on media).
- After providing notice of the changes to you as noted above, you will be deemed to have received the notice. Any continued use of any of our Mobile Banking Service(s) after the notice, shall constitute your acceptance of and agreement to the change.
- COMPLAINT HANDLING
If you have any complaint on our Mobile Banking Service, or if you believe that funds have been lost, there is any error in transactions, your mobile device is lost or stolen or you believe or suspect that someone else knows your Security Details, or has used or tried to use your Financial Institution account through our Mobile Banking Service, you must inform or notify WB Finance immediately by contacting us via our:
– Branch Manager or Teller Supervisor at any WB Finance branch office
– Call Center at 023 96 33 33