POSITION :Legal Officer
WORK LOCATION : Head Office
# of Hiring : 01
The purpose of this position is to assist WB Finance’s management in relation to all legal affairs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and update the changes of laws and regulations related to MFI business, and inform/notify the related department;
- Take lead in AML implementation, ensure ML/FL;
- Provide legal training where necessary to staff and management on the AML and other related laws;
- Provide advice to management and the board on legal affairs and propose corrective actions in order to comply with legal requirements;
- Provide legal consultancy and guidance to staff and management including provincial branches on how comply with related laws.
- Facilitate legal actions on fraud and non-repayment cases;
- Work closely with appointed attorney at law for consultancy and legal actions with support of administration, logistics and other necessary travel arrangement.
- Review existing and new documents and contracts to ensure they are legally correct and binding and recommend corrective actions;
- Review loan agreements with lenders and clients and other MoUs and provide comment to ensure that they are legally correct and binding;
- Take lead in processing for licenses, patent tax and any other approval letters from the government as might be needed;
- Manage standardization of all letters out from WB Finance including logging record, numbering, etc. Also manage letter in to respective staff with logging record.
- Perform other functions that may be required or assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor University Degree in related field;
- At least 1 year of work experience in Law;
- Excellent command of Khmer language, good understanding, speaking and writing in English language preferred;
- Be a result oriented person;
- Ability to work under pressure and highly self-motivated;
- Interpersonal skill and ability to work in a team environment;
- Preferably with experiences in working with bank or micro-finance (broad understanding about micro-finance or bank’s operations).
- Demonstrate high level of ethical commitment and trustworthiness.
We offer competitive remuneration package and opportunity for career and personal development.
About WB Finance
WB Finance was granted an MDI license from National Bank of Cambodia. WB Finance is a family member of Woori Bank, a leading commercial bank in Korea established in 1899 with total consolidated asset of over USD 350 billion and a coverage spanning across 880 domestic branches and 413 international networks in 25 countries.
CLOSING DATE: 30 January 2020