POSITION :Underwriting Manager
WORK LOCATION : Head Office
# of Hiring : 01
The purpose of this position is primarily to manage credit underwriting process with focus on credit underwriting quality especially of big individual loans to align with the strategic direction of the institution. S/he shall actively participate in loan structuring, assessment, approval and monitoring processes under respective approval discretion. More specifically, these include loan visit, loan proposal review/writing, loan approval, loan recommendation and loan assessment quality check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle daily MSME/ big loans underwriting process to ensure good loan quality and compliancy and timely delivery. This includes making informed credit decision within assigned approval discretion, preparing, reviewing, submitting and providing recommendations on loan proposals exceeding own approval discretion. Conduct loan assessment at field when necessary or required;
- Provide technical support in filling in client’s MSME/big loan application and other necessary information to support the full lending process through iPad;
- Analyze and understand root causes of NPL in respective operational locations and provide reports with recommendation to management;
- Properly implement the related audits and quality assurance findings responses, and assist the supervisor in providing necessary support to related peers and colleagues;
- Actively contribute to improvement of credit-related policies, procedures and process;
- Identify prospective clients, develop profile, approach and attractively promote MSME/big loans and other integrated services (financial literacy, business advice, micro insurance, savings, transfers, exchanges, and else) to prospective clients;
- Work with the CRM and involved team to resolve delinquent loans and enhance the credit discipline of clients;
- Provide capacity building (including training, coaching, mentoring, feedback, etc) to credit operators such as junior Underwriters, DBMs, BMs and CSOs on credit underwriting skills and loan structuring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Banking, Management, Accounting or other relevant equivalences;
- Minimum 3 year experiences in credit assessment, loan acquisition, structuring, monitoring and/or other related functions with financial institution including bank and/or MFI;
- Must have good analytical skills both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Sound understanding of Cambodian microfinance sector and lending practices;
- Good interpersonal, communication, staff supervision, training and conflict resolution skills;
- Good working proficiency of English and basic computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Power Point;
- Demonstrate high level of commitment and trustworthiness;
- Willing to travel to and/or reside in VFC’s operational areas in province/district.
We offer competitive remuneration package and opportunity for career and personal development.
About WB Finance
WB Finance was granted an MDI license from National Bank of Cambodia. WB Finance is a family member of Woori Bank, a leading commercial bank in Korea established in 1899 with total consolidated asset of over USD 350 billion and a coverage spanning across 880 domestic branches and 413 international networks in 25 countries.
CLOSING DATE: 23 August 2019